Commercial Imports are goods imported into Zimbabwe for commercial purposes by any individual or organization. Clearance of such importations is done by a Bill of Entry which is processed in the ASYCUDA (Automated System for Customs Data) system.
Because of the complexities of the valuation system and the Harmonised System of classification of goods, ZIMRA encourages you to engage a professional clearing agent like Cooper and Jones. We will take care of everything for you! The following documents are required when clearing commercial importations:
- Bill of Entry (Form 21)
- Suppliers’ invoices
- Export or Transit Bill of Entry from the country of export (where applicable)
- Value Declaration Forms.
- Consignment notes, for example, Rail Advice Notes or Air Way Bill (AWB) or Bill of Lading
- Freight statements
- Cargo manifests
- Insurance Statement
- Certificates of Origin where preference is claimed
- Port charges invoices (where applicable)
- Original permits
- Licenses, Duty-Free Certificates, Rebate Letters, Value Rulings (where applicable)
Cooper and Jones will make sure that your experience importing goods in Zimbabwe is as smooth as possible.